You will be surprised to know that staining and discoloration are very common in the case of children. Kids have whiter and thinner enamel if compared with the adults. This is what makes their teeth look so great and shiny. Stains on your kid’s teeth can both look ugly can be bad for his/her dental health. Now, people often remain confused about whether to use whitening products for their kids. If you fall into this category, do go through this blog and draw an end to such confusion.
Let us first talk about the causes of staining in the case of children. There are several factors that can contribute to yellow staining and discoloration.
- Improper brushing of teeth can one of the most prominent reasons for stains on your child’s teeth. The loss of teeth whiteness is caused due to the buildup of plaque on the tooth surface. Brushing the teeth at least twice a day can be of effective help in resolving the issue.
- Intake of medication can also be the reason for the discoloration of teeth especially when given in liquid form.
- The whiteness of the teeth can also decrease if your child meets with an injury.
- Last but not least, the discoloration of teeth can also happen if children are born with some specific health conditions. For example, kids who have weaker enamel are prone to having stains on their teeth.
If you find any signs of staining or discoloration, have no hesitation in getting in touch with a pediatric dentist nearby. Finding out a quality pediatric dentist is not so difficult anymore. All you gotta do is google “best dentists for kids near me”. Doing so will help you find a list of dentists to choose from. Simple stains can be easily removed with the adoption of certain whitening treatments and better brushing techniques. Ensuring the well-being of your kid’s teeth will be crucial for a healthy adult smile.
Do not use whitening products
It is advisable to never use whitening products in order to get rid of stains from your kid’s teeth. Going through the pointers below will give you a clear understanding of the reasons.
- The whitening products available in the market are generally made for adults. You should go through the information available on the box before using it on your kid. Most of these products are not appropriate for pre-teen use.
- As mentioned before, children have thinner enamel if compared with adults. Therefore, using whitening products can cause decay and tooth sensitivity.
- Using teeth whitening products can not yield fruitful results. There are no such evidence of short and long term effects of using these products on children
You need to prevention is always better than cure. Make your child visit a pediatric dental clinic to undergo quality preventative dental care. If you are looking for the best dentists for kids in Bradley, IL, contact Joyful Smiles Pediatric Dentistry. We offer excellent dental treatments at an affordable price. Book your kid’s appointment today.