- What is orthodontic treatment?
- What is the purpose of orthodontic treatment?
- What Causes Orthodontic Problems?
- Why should you get orthodontic treatment?
- Why is it beneficial to begin orthodontic treatment as soon as possible?
Orthodontic therapy is generally used to prevent and repair faults in the bite. Several causes, including genetics, early loss of primary (baby) teeth, and harmful dental practices, may all contribute to such abnormalities (such as thumb sucking and developmental problems). Orthodontic problems can occur at birth or develop later in childhood. Straight teeth can reduce the incidence of dental decay and childhood periodontal disease, but crooked teeth reduce self-esteem and make good oral hygiene harder. Your pediatric dentist can use a variety of diagnostic techniques during biannual preventative checkups to evaluate orthodontic problems. If necessary, adopt early intervention strategies. Before the age of eight, children should receive a first orthodontic evaluation.
What is orthodontic treatment?
Orthodontic treatment is a method of straightening or repositioning teeth to improve their appearance and function. It can also assist to protect the long-term health of your teeth, gums, and jaw joints by distributing biting pressure evenly over all of your teeth. Parents must seek orthodontic treatment for their children’s benefit in order to enhance their smiles.
What is the purpose of orthodontic treatment?
The objective of orthodontic therapy is to create a healthy, functional “bite,” which is a combination of tooth alignment and jaw position. When the jaws and teeth are properly aligned, they can function as nature intended. This benefits both oral health and overall physical well-being. The fact that orthodontic treatment results in a more appealing smile are an added plus.
What Causes Orthodontic Problems?
You may be asking, as a parent, what causes orthodontic issues. The majority of orthodontic issues are hereditary. Some, however, are acquired.
Among the inherited orthodontic issues are:
- There is too much gap between your child’s teeth.
- Teeth crowding
- Teeth that are missing or have additional teeth
- Various jaw and tooth irregularities
Orthodontic problems can develop as a result of a variety of factors.
- Accidents or traumatic events
- Finger or thumb sucking
- Dental diseases
- Tonsil obstruction of the airway
- Premature loss of permanent baby teeth
It makes no difference what caused your child’s orthodontic issues, these issues can lead to tooth misalignment as well as other facial appearance issues.
Why should you get orthodontic treatment?
Visit Joyful Smiles Pediatric Dentistry if you’re searching for the best orthodontic treatment for your children in Bradley, IL. A malocclusion, sometimes known as a poor bite, is an orthodontic issue. With correct orthodontic treatment, the following issues may be alleviated or minimized:
- Teeth that are misaligned, crooked, or crowded
- Missing teeth
- Having an overbite
- Jaw misalignment or improper posture
- Extra teeth
- A jaw joint dysfunction
- Having an underbite
Why is it beneficial to begin orthodontic treatment as soon as possible?
Early indicators of mild orthodontic abnormalities might be seen in some children. In such circumstances, your pediatric dentist may decide to watch the problem over time rather than intervene. Early orthodontic treatment, on the other hand, can give numerous benefits for children with severe orthodontic abnormalities, including:
- Improved self-esteem and physical appearance.
- Improved chances of proper jaw growth.
- Adult teeth are more likely to be properly aligned and spaced.
- Reduced incidence of cavities, periodontal disease, and tooth decay in children.
- Minimized chances of adult teeth becoming impacted.
- Reduced likelihood of long-term orthodontic therapy in later years.
- Speech issues are less likely to occur.
- There is a lower chance of tooth, gum, and jawbone injuries.
We hope that this blog has informed you about the significance of orthodontic treatment. If you’re looking for the best orthodontic treatment for your children in Bradley, IL, contact Joyful Smiles Pediatric Dentistry. Book your appointment today.